We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. Our facilities team will be undertaking a series of inspections and servicing procedures to make sure that our fitness centres are safe to welcome you back.
For your safety and wellbeing, we have implemented a booking system via our new mobile app to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. As such, you are required to download the new mobile app and book your gym floor access and/or classes prior to your club visit.
Please click here on fitness centres reopening dates and business operation hours.
THE PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units.
To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational.
To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilised in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear
To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational
To ensure temperature of sauna, steam room are set at the correct temperature as well as deep cleaned
As you return, below are the safety measures we have implemented for your wellbeing:
Bring your own gloves, mats and water bottles.
Have your temperature checked and hands sanitised when you enter and leave.
Keep a safe distance from others on the gym floor.
Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Avoid contact between your water bottle and water dispenser while refilling.
APART FROM OUR OWN TECHNICIANS, WE WILL BE WORKING CLOSELY WITH OUR PARTNERS SUCH AS LANDLORDS AND CONTRACTORS TO MANAGE OUR FITNESS CENTRES’ INSPECTIONS AND SERVICING. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILST WE GET OUR FITNESS CENTRES UP AND RUNNING.
FITNESS CENTRE REOPENING SCHEDULE
Until the club reopens, we will implement the following extensions with regard to your service plan and personal training packages during this closure period:
- Your service plan will automatically be frozen from the date as club temporary closed.
- Your freeze fee will be waived during this time and any paid dues for the date as club temporary closed will be adjusted as a credit towards your dues for next month.
- Freezing for April and/or beyond
- If you wish to freeze your service plan for a longer period of time, the standard freeze fee will apply. Should there be an extension, we will review this and make the necessary adjustments to best support our cardholders during this time.
- Personal Training package expiration dates will automatically be extended for the duration of the club closures.
We strongly recommend that you remain active at home and incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise every day in order to keep your immunity up. You can check out our online workout videos here.
- WHEN WILL THE CLUBS REOPEN?Following suit, we have closed all Fitness First clubs until Sunday 31st May 2020 and at this stage we plan to resume operations on Monday 1st June 2020. This is obviously subject to any further Government rulings and we will keep you closely updated along the way.
- WHY DO YOU NEED SUCH A LONG TIME TO REOPEN?
We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. However, in order to ensure that our clubs are safe for you to train and for our staff to work in, we will be undertaking a series of assessments, inspections, and maintenance procedures which include (but are not limited to) the below:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT:
- To inspect and test incoming voltage and power outlets
- To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units
- To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational
- To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilised in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
- To clean and chlorinate all swimming pools.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT:
- Thoroughly service and clean all fitness equipment according to manufacturer guidelines
- To ensure the conditions of floors, walls, ceilings, doors are non-defective
- To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear
- To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational
- To ensure temperature of sauna, steam room are set at the correct temperature as well as deep cleaned
- WHAT ARE THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE WHEN YOU REOPEN?
Before our club closure, we have taken additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our cardholders, guests and staff alike, in all Fitness First clubs. We have:
- Stepped up the frequency of cleaning and wipe downs of our equipment and surfaces.
- Provided hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial sprays for member, guest, and staff use.
- Implemented mandatory staff travel declarations.
- Implemented temperature checks and travel declarations for cardholders and guests upon entry to clubs – anyone recording a temperature above 37.5oC or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose and sore throat will be declined entry.
- Mandatory temperature checks for staff twice daily.
- Increased communications to staff and cardholders to educate them about the virus.
- Empowered our General Managers and club teams to monitor guests and cardholders who, if exhibit any flu-like symptoms or seem unwell, to politely ask them to leave the premises and seek immediate medical attention.
- Advised staff to avoid physical contact with cardholders and guests as appropriate. Correction of movement and/or posture will be done verbally or through demonstrations.
- We have also implemented additional control measures to ensure sufficient social distancing including:
- Reducing the capacity of Group Fitness classes - all booking of classes will be strictly via Class Booker
- When we reopen, we encourage you to bring the below for personal hygiene purposes:
- Boxing gloves
- Aerial yoga hammock
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
- Workout attire
We encourage all cardholders to continue to observe good personal hygiene, maintain good gym etiquette and be socially responsible. It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.